Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Science of Lonelines

I've observed, first hand, that loneliness can make you do some pretty stupid things which you will eventually regret later. For instance, you might find yourself walking aimlessly for hours on end without a clear idea of where you're going or buy things you don't need and cannot use at all. Sometimes, you do things which under normal circumstances you wouldn't even dream of doing. For example, suffering the indignity of lowering yourself to other people's level just so you wouldn't be alone. I'm not trying to be condescending here, just pointing out that no matter how well educated you are, when loneliness sucks you in, there is little or nothing at all that your bachelor, masters, or doctorate degree can do for you.

In loneliness we are all equals. There is no rich or poor, tall or short, ugly or beautiful, single or in a relationship, young or old, fat/thin or good physique, and sometimes even gender. In its most pure and potent form, loneliness can verily contort or break down the walls reality...

For me, I see loneliness as a way of life. A fact I have to face each and every day, from the moment I open my eyes in the morning, to the time I close my eyes at night.


Loneliness in its purest form can be crippling, you'll just find yourself unable to continue, unable to face even the daily routine you have grown used to.
Loneliness is a voice that at some point will whisper sweet nothings to your ear... in time, if you listen to eat, it will be as clear as the voice inside your head.

2 comments:

  1. O, nasaan na ang karugtong?


    Hehehe. Hi Sage of the Ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratz sayo kasi meh blog ka na

    at congratz saken kasi nakakapacomment na ako wuhahaha

    ReplyDelete